I’m sure all of my natural people have heard of using Baking Soda Shampoo & ACV Conditioner on natural hair. Well, I put this ‘no poo’ hair regimen to the test.
First of all..
The term ‘no poo’ is basically no shampoo which means not using store bought shampoo and only using natural products in place of it.
I was searching the web about this phenomenon and stumbled upon this site (http://www.chyscurlz.com/2012/03/baking-soda-for-low-porosity.html) and her results looked so awesome! Plus she had the same porosity as me so I figured it had to work so I decided to try it out on my low porosity hair.
Prep Step (eyeballing measurements):
“Shampoo” equal amounts of baking soda and conditioner
- Organix Sea Mineral Conditioner
- Baking Soda
“Conditioner” add more water than ACV
- Spray bottle
Here’s what I did:
1. I fully saturated my hair in good ole water.
2. I put my conditioner and baking soda mix on my scalp only. (I’ve done it on my scalp on my strands before. It works the same to me. If using on the scalp only, the “shampoo” gets to your strands when you rinse)
3. After rinsing, I spray ACV and water mixture and leave in for at least 5 min. or I just keep spraying for 3 min. and let it sit for 2 min.
4. You may rinse all ACV out of hair or just rinse once or twice.
5. I deep conditioned with my own mixture of Carol’s Daughter Black Vanilla Hair Smoothie, Coconut Milk, Aloe Vera Gel, Honey, and Coconut Oil.
6. I followed up with Shea Moisture Yucca & Aloe Thickening Growth Milk and Argan Oil or Avocado Oil to seal. I used Avocado Oil the first time I did this and it was ridiculously soft because it’s so much lighter than Argan oil but they both have the same effect.
When I tell ya’ll my hair was SO soft! It has never felt this soft ever since I’ve been natural. Everytime I find ways to give my hair life and moisture I always think “Why didn’t I try this sooner?!” I plan on doing this every two weeks and co-wash in between. I will definitely be doing this from now on.
Have you tried this method before? Did you like it or do something different?